Friday, September 7, 2007

Thoughts

This quote came to me in a email today, which is why we don't have teachers at Neighborhood UniverseCity, but instead we have collaborators.

I have been asked many questions in my life about poetry, religion, life, and I have given precisely the same number of answers, but I have never, I repeat never, satisfied a single interlocutor. Why? Because all questioning is a way of avoiding the real answer, which Zen tells us, is really known already. Everyone is enlightened, but wishes they weren't. We all know we must love our enemies, and sell all we have and give to the poor, but we don't wish to know it. So we asks questions.

- R.H. Blyth

Collaborators participate in the learning, are learners themselves, not experts as if they held the keys, not everyone who attends. It's almost feels anti-American to refuse the idea of experts and embrace the notion that we all carry a rich enlightenment that only needs to come to our conscious mind.

I have found two other notions that keep me dis-empowered and fearful. One is that there is not enough to go around; two that I am separate and isolated. I don't believe either of those things, but they are very prevalent in western culture and have been re-enforced by the negative way that I see what happens around me.

When I stay conscious I know that my thoughts don't jive with my deep beliefs and I change my thought. Which takes me to the power of thought for creation. I don't know what the experts say, but in my experience what I think I'll get is what I get. It's that simple. I am a creator, born from an ever expanding creative Universe and I create with my thoughts. For me that means watching my thoughts and changing thoughts that are not consistent with what I know is true.

HOW'S THAT FOR A THOUGHT OF THE DAY? Later, Jude

No comments: