Monday, September 24, 2007

Even Gandhi


"If I did not feel the presence of God within me, since I see so much of misery and disappointment every day, I would be a raving maniac." Gandhi, 1925.

Gandhi did such amazing work and he did it in the context of creating community. That is a life-long desire of mine. I'm beginning to see that we are all connected, all of creation, there is no real separation. It is expressed in the phrase "There is only One." That concept really keeps things clear.

Your spiritual presence is what we all need. We could start sharing with each other our individual connections to the divine however each one of us experiences that.
Make life a sacred sharing of laughter,stories of how we see spirit and how we are love in the world. I'm not talking about getting serious, just talking about directing our conversation through our sacred selves.

I woke up feeling disconnected today with my sense of direction skewed, but after centering my thought in "There is Only One," my peace returned and I am ready to discover the adventure of this day. Jude for Neighborhood UniverseCity.

No comments: